Microsoft Windows OS version XP SP2 or higher
Installer Size: 2.15 MB
Install Path: C:\Program Files\MaaS360\P2PTerminator
Size on Disk: 4.50 MB
1. Installing Manually
Download and run the installer. You will be presented with a standard End User License Agreement. Scroll down and click “I Accept”.
The MaaS360 Peer2Peer Terminator will then install, open, and run a scan of the device for any known Peer2Peer Applications.
2. Installing Silently via Command Line
You can also install the MaaS360 Peer2Peer Terminator via a command line. Simply run the installer via command line with the proper switches.
Example: C:\Users\User123\Documents\Peer2PeerTerminator\”P2PTerminatorInstaller.exe” /S
1. User Interface – Launch the application at install time or by double clicking “Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” from the install folder. The user interface will open and automatically do a scan of your device for any Peer2Peer Applications. You can also scan by clicking the green button on the top left.
Once Peer2Peer Terminator locates all the applications on your device, you can check and uncheck the boxes to the left of the Application Name and then click the red button in the top left to terminate all selected Peer2Peer Applications.
2. Running in command line mode
You can also run Peer2Peer Terminator via command line. This is useful in the enterprise where IT has a scripting engine or uses Windows Scheduler. This method will allow IT to periodically find and terminate any Peer2Peer Applications on their managed devices.
The command line options are as follows:
“Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” -terminateall
- Terminates all the P2P apps and displays the information of what are all terminated.
“Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” -terminateall –runsilent
- Terminates all the P2P apps and doesn’t show any information.
“Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” -terminateall –runsilent –logfile “log.txt”
- Terminates all the P2P apps and doesn’t show any information on the command window but it will create the log.txt file in the current running directory with the log information.
“Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” -terminateall -logfile “logfilename.txt”
- Terminates all the P2P apps and shows the information in the command window. Also creates the log with the terminated apps information.
“Peer2Peer Terminator.exe” -help
- Shows all the working commands for this tool.
*If the -terminateall option is not given then it won’t perform any operation.
**you can specify your own directory path to create the log file by appending it to the logfile name you provide.
1. Uninstalling Manually via command line
To uninstall manually, navigate to the install directory and double-click uninstall.exe. When prompted, click the “Uninstall” button to continue. Close when complete.
2. Uninstalling Silently via Command Line
You can also uninstall the MaaS360 Peer2Peer Terminator via a command line. Simply run the uninstall.exe via command line with the proper switches.
Example: C:\Program Files\MaaS360\P2PTerminator\”Uninstall.exe” /S